Two sisters die in Angul fire mishap

KalingaTV News Network

FireAngul: In a tragic incident, two women were killed of suffocation after their house caught fire in Bantala Bazaar of the district in the wee hours on Thursday.

The two deceased have been identified as Bimala Gaana and Ujjwala Gaana, orphan sisters both of whom were daily wage labourers.

At first, their neighbours saw smoke billowing out of their house and broke open the door to rescue the fire victims before informing the fire personnel and police.

The two sisters were found lying unconscious in a corner of the house, whereas all their household items were gutted in the fire. They were immediately rushed to a nearby hospital where doctors declared them brought dead.

Prima facie, the women appear to have died of suffocation due to the smoke in the closed room.

“A kerosene lamp in the house is suspected to be the reason behind the spread of the blaze in the house. The deceased had no sign of burn injury. They might have died of suffocation. The post-mortem report will reveal everything,” said Bantala IIC Nirmala Gachhayat.

Meanwhile, the district administration has come forward to conduct the last rites of the deceased.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

buy ivermectin buy ivermectin for humans