Bhubaneswar: Atleast three private hospitals in Odisha to start Covid-19 vaccination services soon after receiving the vaccine doses.
Additional Chief Secretary of Health and Family Welfare Department, PK Mohapatra on Wednesday wrote a letter to District Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, CDMOs and PHOs and informed that the three private hospitals have contacted Covid vaccine manufacturer Serum Institute of India (SII) for procurement of 12,000 doses of Covishield vaccine each.
The private hospitals are SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar, Christian Hospital in Berhampur and Kishore Hospital in Bargarh will launch the vaccination drive after receiving the vaccine doses.
It is requested that the District/Corporations may actively engage with these private hospitals to ensure seamless vaccination of eligible beneficiaries.
Here are complete details:
1. All Private Hospitals procuring COVID-19 vaccines must be registered on COWIN and that should be made active by DIO/District admin.
2. The credentials for the Site/CVC Manager are to be issued immediately for scheduling sessions and publish the sessions online immediately after getting vaccine to provide visibility of appointment slots by citizens in advance.
3. All the Private CVCs must be informed that, it is mandatory for them to offer vaccination services only through CoWIN system and they must not provide any Offline services.
4. The private CVCs must declare the vaccines and prices on COWIN,
5. Support shall be provided in terms of training etc. to the hospitals being newly added.
6. Suitable IEC should be done by the hospital to inform the citizens that they may seek a vaccination certificate from the center before leaving.