Tension grips Puri hospital as child dies post polio vaccination

232

Puri: Tension gripped Rebana-Nuagaon Community Health Centre (CHC) in Brahmagiri area of Puri district this morning after a two-and-a-half year girl died under treatment and her parents blamed Polio vaccine overdose and medical negligence.

The deceased, identified as the daughter of Smruti Ranjan Biswal of Naranapur had been taken to Bramhagiri Primary Health Centre for vaccination two days back. He allegedly developed fever after the vaccination and was rushed to Rebena Community Health Centre (CHC) last night.

As per the complaint of the family members of the child, no doctor was available to attend the child at the time of her admission at the CHC due to which a Pharmacist examined and declared the child dead.

Family members and relatives sat on a dharna in front of the CHC following the incident alleging that she had been given Polio overdose and demanded action against the guilty doctor of PHC.

The ruckus was continuing at the hospital till this report was being filed.

Also Read: Truck Runs Over Minor Girl In Koraput, Locals Block Road

 

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.