Smartphone explodes during charging in Angul, youth hurt

Angul: In an incident putting a question mark on the safety and security of using a cell phone, a youth sustained grievous injury after his mobile phone exploded on his thigh at a shop at Bantala Chhak this morning.

The injured has been identified as Pratap Sahu, a resident of Bantala.

As per the report, Pratap visited a sweets outlet for shopping this morning where he had connected his Xiaomi Redmi 4 phone to charger. It is said that, a call came while he was busy in transaction and he picked up that immediately, soon after which the phone exploded.

Pratap sustained burn injury on his thigh and was immediately to Angul District Headquarters Hospital (DHH), where his condition is stated to be stable now.

Police have registered a case in the incident and started investigation.

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.