Bhubaneswar: Odisha Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) on its Twitter handle today gave the following details regarding Very Severe Cyclonic Storm “Titli” and Subsequent Flood and landslide which claimed lives of over 70 people in the state recently.
Impact/ Extent of Damage:
- 17 Districts affected namely Balasore, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Gajapati, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Kandhamal, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Khordha, Mayurbhanj, Nayagarh, Puri, Angul, Rayagada.
- 128 nos. of Blocks affected.
- 8668 nos. of Villages affected.
- 60.30 lakh of Population affected.
- 759099 Livestock affected (LA-299444, SA- 181151, Poultry-278504)
- 47777 nos. of Livestock lost (LA-768, SA-3660, Poultry-43349)
- 77 nos. of Human lives lost (district wise details given below)
Crop Area affected
- 375390 hectare.
- 89538 nos. of houses damaged
Relief and Restoration:
- Gratuitous Relief (GR):
- The state government has announced for providing gratuitous relief for 15 days at the rate of Rs. 60/- per adult and Rs 45/- per child per day to all affected families of Ganjam, Gajapati and Gunupur Sub- Division of Rayagada district.
- Accordingly, an amount of Rs. 288.67 crore has been released in favour of the Collectors concerned for disbursement towards GR (Gajapati- 47.67 crore, Ganjam- 239.60 crore, Rayagada-1.40 crore).
- GR disbursed:
▪ Ganjam-Rs.39.51 crore to 161179 families;
▪ Gajapati-distributed in cash Rs. 13.83 crore to 1,34,110 families & paid through DBT- Rs. 3.15 crore to 13875 families.
▪ Disbursement is going on.
- Health Measures:
- 54 nos. of Doctors deployed from outside district (40 in Ganjam, 9 in Gajapati, 5 in Rayagada).
• 70 nos. of Medical Relief Centers (MRCs) opened (39 in Ganjam, 29 in Gajapati, 2 in Rayagada).
• 83 nos. of mobile teams deployed (52 in Ganjam, 24 in Gajapati, 7 in Rayagada).
• Open water sources are being disinfected in affected areas.
• Members of Gaon Kalyan Samiti (GKS) are taking Village Cleanliness drives.
• ORS packets and Halazone tablets are also being distributed in the affected areas.
iii. Veterinary Measures:
- Rapid Response Teams have been formed (1 in Puri district, 13 in Gajapati, 22 in Ganjam, 3 in Rayagada, 3 in Cuttack & 12 in Kandhamal) to provide necessary Veterinary services.
• Mobile Veterinary Units (02 in Puri, 7 in Gajapati, 22 in Ganjam, 3 in Rayagada, 1 in Cuttack & 12 in Kandhamal) have been mobilized to organize Veterinary Health Camps / De-worming Camps in each affected villages.
• 12 MVU vehicles and 52 Veterinary staff consisting of 20 BVO/VAS (5 nos. from Cuttack 11 nos. from Koraput, 3 nos. from Khorda, 1 no. from Rayagada), 26 LIs and 6 attendants have been engaged in animal health care activities in Gajapati district.
• 5 VAS & 5 LIs have been deputed from Khurda district for Ganjam district.
• 1565 nos. of camps have been organized.
• 120648 nos. of animals have been treated & 160107 animals have been vaccinated.
• A total of 585.00 MT of Cattle Feed have been supplied to flood-affected districts i.e. 313.00 MT in Ganjam district & 272.00 MT in Gajapati district. A total of 178.00 MT of cattle feed in Gajapati district & 225.45 MT of cattle feed in Ganjam district have been distributed till date.
iiii. Drinking Water:
- 30 no. of water tankers engaged in Ganjam and Gajapati districts.
• 621900 no. of Water pouch distributed in Ganjam, Gajapati and Rayagada.
• 2 nos. of Mobile Water Treatment Plant each having capacity of 4000 pouch per hour deployed in Gajapati district.
• 26107 no. of Tube Wells have been disinfected in Ganjam, Gajapati and Rayagada districts.
• 613 nos. of PWS out of 662 affected have been made functional in Ganjam, Gajapati and Rayagada districts.
- Restoration of Infrastructure:
❖ Works Department-
- All (67) breaches occurred in State Roads have been closed in Ganjam, Rayagada, Gajapati, Cuttack, Puri and Kandhamal districts.
- National High Way: All 6 breaches occurred in Ganjam and Gajapati districts have been closed and normal traffic has been restored.
- Restoration is ongoing in 5 Km (NH) stretch of road between Gazalbadi and Daringbadi which has been washed away completely.
❖ Rural Development Department-
- 562 out of 570 no. of roads (1309.763 kms) affected, have been cleared and made trafficable in Gajapati, Ganjam, Rayagada and Kandhamal Districts.
❖ Department of Water Resources-
- 125 breaches occurred in river/saline embankments; 47 temporarily closed; work in 49 is in progress; 29 to be taken up.
● 182 breaches occurred in canals; 178 temporarily closed; 04 is in progress.
● 392 breaches occurred in Minor Irrigation canal system; 376 no. of breaches closed; work is ongoing in 15 no. of breaches and rest 1 will be taken up.
❖ Housing and Urban Development Department-
- Normal Water Supply has been restored in all the 89 affected ULBs in Ganjam, Gajapati, Kandhamal, Puri, Cuttack and Rayagda districts.
- All the ongoing restoration & sanitation works have been completed and normal day to day sanitation is going on.
❖ Energy Department-
- Power supply has been restored to all 820651 affected consumers in Ganjam, Rayagada & Kandhamal Districts.
• In Gajapati district power supply has been restored to 73121 out of 118842 no. of affected consumers. Electricity has been restored to all the 7 block headquarters and to the headquarters of 127 out of 149 affected Gram Panchayats.
• 80 no. of teams comprising of 910 people are engaged in Gajapati district for restoration of electricity.