Separate fire mishaps burn 10 houses, assets worth lakhs in Odisha

KalingaTV News Network

Bhadrak/Nayagarh: At least 10 houses were gutted and property worth lakhs destroyed in two separate fire incidents which took place in the state on Thursday.

In the first instance, sparks were caused due to an electric short circuit which occurred in one Pradeep Joti’s house in Hatasahi village under Mato panchayat early this morning and later spread to his neighbours Sandeep Joti and Bhaskar Joti’s houses. Five houses along with furniture, electronic items, and other valuable assets were completely reduced to ashes till fire brigade teams reached the spot and launched firefighting efforts.

In a similar incident, snapped live wire caused fire in Old Town area of Nayagarh district later in the morning and gutted five houses.

Sparks erupted in one Kissan Das’s home and later spread to other parts of the area. Till fire tenders arrived at the spot and doused the blaze it had devastated properties worth over lakhs.

Locals blamed power department for the mishap by claiming that it is making inordinate delay in repairing the snapped live wires, which are causing fire in the area in regular intervals.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.