Rourkela LPG mishap; last of 4-member family succumbs

KalingaTV News Network

fire mishapRourkela: With one more death reported this morning, the entire family of four has perished in the cooking gas cylinder fire mishap in Indirapalli area of the Steel City that occurred last Monday. .

The last member of the four-member family, identified as Suchitra Tripathy died while under treatment at the Ispat General Hospital (IGH) in the city this morning. Suchitra’s husband Suresh and daughter Prachi had died of burn injuries in the same hospital yesterday while the elder daughter had perished on Saturday..

The victim Suresh Tripathy’s home in the city caught fire on July 31 while the members were changing an LPG cylinder during cooking. All four members of the family—Tripathy, his wife and two daughters—sustained grievous burn injuries in the incident with 80% of their body burnt.  All the victims had been rushed to IGH following the incident.

While Tripathy’s elder daughter died under treatment on Saturday, both Tripathy and younger daughter Prachi succumbed to the injuries on Sunday.

The last rites of the deceased would be performed at the city on Tusday, inform the relatives.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.