Cuttack: All the religious institutions like Temples, Mosques, Gurudwara and Churches in Cuttack City will be closed for devotees from tomorrow, informed Cuttack Municipal Corporation (CMC).
The civic body, in a press release, informed that it has decided to close all the places of worship in the CMC area due to the resurge of COVID cases. It took the decision following consultations with the management committees of the religious institutions.
Following decisions are taken by CMC in view of safety of public health within the jurisdiction of CMC:
- No devotees shall be allowed inside any religious institutions like Temples, Mosques, Gurudwara, Churches, etc until further order.
- The usual religious rituals in Temples/Mosques/Guruwaras/Churches and other places of worship will be conducted with limited numbers of priests/staff.
- The religious institutions management committees shall make provisions for daily thermal screening of priests/staff before entry inside the premises. The committee shall also ensure provisions of handwashing at the entry point for the priests and staff.
- The priests/staff on rituals duty shall have to wear masks appropriately at all times and they shall also maintain social distancing guidelines while inside the institution premises.
- All previous orders issued by CMC in this regard are superseded accordingly.
- This order is to be given effect to from 21-04-2021.
Earlier today, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) had announced to shut such religious institutions for general public in view of surge in Covid-19 infections in the State capital.