KalingaTV News Network
Rayagada: Property worth over Rs 1.5 crore is feared to have gutted in a massive fire which broke out in the CRPF 4th Battalion camp located here on Saturday.
Sparks erupted in the godown of the camp in the wee hours of Saturday while all the inmates were asleep. The incident came to fore only after some staff witnessed a massive blaze in the godown early in the morning and raised an alarm. However, till then a huge quantity of articles meant for jawans including uniforms, FMCG goods and liquors had been reduced to ashes completely in the fire.
The flame was brought under control by the CRPF official in the morning and an assessment of the lost property is currently underway.
Informing on the cause of the fire, a CRPF source said an electric short circuit is suspected behind the incident. However it could only be established after an inquiry. The fire spread very rapidly probably due to the liquors kept in the godown which happens to be a highly flammable item, it added.