Rath Yatra 2022: ‘No Vehicle Zone’ Declared in Puri for Snana Yatra!
Puri: Devasnana Purnima is celebrated to witness the Snana Yatra of Lord Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra and Devi Subhadra.
Reportedly, the Police Department in Puri has issued a traffic advisory for the people, to ensure smooth movement of traffic in and around the city. Here are the details of the traffic and security arrangements in Puri for Devasnana Purnima:
- All passenger buses coming to Puri from Bhubaneswar, Konark will ply and park from the bus stand of Sharadhabali municipality.
- The town buses plying in Puri will run to the medical square of Bada Danda (Grand Road).
- Two-wheelers coming to Puri can park from Marchikot square to Market square of Bada Danda.
- Parking has been arranged near Jagannath Ballav Math, Sharadha Bali, Jatrika, Blueflag Beach, Digabareni for four-wheelers.
- A ‘No Vehicle Zone’ has been declared from Marchikot square to Jagabalia Lodge for the darshan of deities on Snana Yatra.
- This traffic arrangements will begin from today midnight and continue till tomorrow midnight.
- A 24-hour helpline has been issued for police assistance on 6370967100.
The preparations are in full swing for the Snana Jatra tomorrow. As per the schedule, the ‘Pahandi’ ritual will take place at 4 am followed by ‘Dibya Snana’ and ‘Gaja Besha’ of Lord Jagannath, Devi Subhadra and Lord Balabhadra.
After 2-years, devotees will be allowed to participate in the festival in Puri when Mahaprabhu Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra & Devi Subhadra will be brought to the Snana Mandap (also known as Snana Bedi).
Deva Snana Purnima Tomorrow
After 2-years, devotees will be allowed to participate in the festival in Puri when Mahaprabhu Jagannath, Lord Balabhadra & Devi Subhadra will be brought to the Snana Mandap (also known as Snana Bedi)@SPPuri1 issues traffic advisory for tomorrow pic.twitter.com/jdqN5dIdJF
— Soumyajit Pattnaik (@soumyajitt) June 13, 2022