Puri: The Puri Srimandir reopened for the devotees from today with certain Covid restrictions. The Sri Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) had informed about the same on Monday.
Reportedly, the decision of reopening Jagannatha Temple was taken following the Chhatisha Nijog meeting that was held under the chairmanship of Chief Administrator, SJTA.
The temple doors were opened at 4.45 am this morning and the mangal alati took place at 5.55 am following which the darshan has begun form 6 am. The devotees can visit Srimandir till 9 pm.
After reviewing the current Covid situation the earlier Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) was revised.
- The devotees can enter the temple for darshan of Lords from 06 AM to 09 PM on all days, when the temple is open for public darshan.
- However, the Temple will remain closed for public darshan on all Sundays in order to sanitize the Temple premises as a measure to contain the spread of Coronavirus disease.
- All devotees will be required to bring their photo ID Card, namely, Aadhaar/Voter ID or any other photo ID card for identification, along with final certificate for Covid19 vaccination (of having taken two doses) or Covid-19 negative certificate (RTPCR) of testing done within 96 hours prior to their visit to the Temple.
- It is mandatory for all pilgrims to wear masks at all times; inside & outside of the Temple. People flouting the norms will be fined, and may be refused entry to the temple.
- Devotees should sanitize their hands before entering the Temple. There should be strict enforcement, for ensuring COVID appropriate behavior by all concerned.
- Devotees should maintain physical distance at all times as per COVID-19 guidelines.
- Temple administration has set-up camp for administering Precaution Dose” vaccination for Sevayats between the age group of 18 to 60 years. Efforts will be made to ensure that all eligible Sevayats are given the same in due time, keeping in view the health of the Sevayats