Property worth lakhs gutted in separate fire mishaps in Bhubaneswar, Jajpur

Bhubaneswar/Jajpur Town: Property worth lakhs were gutted in two separate fire mishaps which occurred in the state capital Bhubaneswar and Jajpur Town last night. However, no casualty was reported in both the incidents.

As per the report, locals near the Old Station Bazaar Square in Bhubaneswar witnessed smokes billowing out of one Garg Trading godown at around 11.30 pm and rang up the fire brigade.

At least eight units of fire fire brigade rushed to the spot and brought the flames under control after a Herculean effort which started for four and a half hours. The fire officials also rescued 10 persons who had been stuck in the first floor of the godown building by breaking the window glasses.

Fire officials confirmed loss of plastic items and bathroom fittings worth over Rs 1 Crore in the mishap.

The cause of the fire is being ascertained.

In a similar incident, at the Jajpur District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) later in the night an electric short circuit caused a blaze in the old building near the ASHA room.

However, the fire was immediately contained by the fire brigade teams which reached the spot after intimation. No casualty was reported in the incident.

The DHH authority has ordered a probe into the incident.

Also Read: Fire breaks out at Bhubaneswar coaching centre, no casualty

 

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.