Bhubaneswar: The filing of nomination papers for the upcoming panchayat elections in Odisha is slated to start from today.
The nomination filing is scheduled to continue from January 17 to January 21.
The final list of candidates shall be published after verification on January 25.
Panchayat polls in Odisha to be held in five phases as announced by the State Election Commissioner, Aditya Padhi on January 11.
The other regulations specified by the SEC are as follows:
- No public meeting, roadshows, street meetings during Panchayat Polls, says State Election Commissioner Aditya Prasad Padhi.
- Only Door to door campaign allowed.
- Relaxations allowed if situation improves added the SEC.
- Polling to take place from 7 am to 1 pm.
- Nomination filing Jan 17 to Jan 21.
- All polling staff to be doubly vaccinated.
- Pregnant women, Covid symptomatic persons not to be engaged in poll duty.
- COVID-positive patients can submit nominations through proposer.
- Only 1 vehicle allowed for nomination filing
The model code of conduct shall come into effect from today and will be in force till February 28 2022, informs State Election Commissioner Aditya Prasad Padhi.
The Counting of votes and declaration of results shall be done from Feb 26, 27, 28.
Keeping in mind the rising cases of the Covid-19 pandemic in Odisha, the office of Special Relief Commissioner (SRC) on Wednesday has issued a set of guidelines for general elections to Panchayati raj institutions (PRIs).
The office of SRC in an official order, said, “As per the COVID guidelines issued by State Election Commission vide their letter no. 225/SEC dated 10th January & in the exercise of the powers conferred under Section 24(l) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005 read with Rule 8(1) of the Odisha Disaster Management Rules, 2010, the state government, in supersession of earlier instructions hereby lays down the following stipulations for general elections to PRIs, 2022.”