New Delhi: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the detailed notification for Civil Services Examination (CSE)-2019.
All interested and eligible candidates can visit the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in – to apply for the posts till March 18, 2019.
A Civil Services Examination will be held for a total of 896 vacancies this year as compared to the 782 last year, which was the lowest in six years.
Details about Civil Services Examination-2019:
UPSC notification 2019: Important dates-
- Application process starts: February 19, 2019
- Application process ends: March 18, 2019 till 6 pm
- E-Admit Card: Three weeks before the commencement of the examination
UPSC Civil Services notification 2019: Syllabus-
Part A-Preliminary Examination
Paper I – (200 marks, 2 Hours)
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
Paper II-(200 marks, 2 Hours)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem-solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
Part B- Main Examination
Paper-II: General Studies-I- Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society
Paper-III: General Studies -II- Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations
Paper-IV: General Studies -III- Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management
Paper-V: General Studies -IV- Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude
UPSC Civil Services notification 2019: Examination Scheme-
- PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION-The Exam shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
- MAIN EXAMINATION:
Paper-A: One Indian Language (300 Marks)
Paper-B: English (300 Marks)
Papers to be counted for merit
Paper-I (250 Marks)
Paper-II (250 Marks)
Paper-III: General Studies -II (250 Marks)
Paper-IV: General Studies -III (250 Marks)
Paper-V: General Studies -IV (250 Marks)
Paper-VI: Optional Subject – Paper 1 (250 Marks)
Paper-VII: Optional Subject – Paper 2 (250 Marks)