Odisha Mining Corporation (OMC) Ltd., a Gold category and largest State in Mining Sector in the Country, undertakes exploration, mining and trading of iron, chrome & bauxite ores. Inspired by vision to emerge as the market leader and to play a catalytic role in the growth of industrialization, OMC caters to the requirements of mineral based industries.
The Corporation has achieved an annual turnover of Rs 5587 Crore (Provisional) during FY 2020-21. OMC intends to fill up the following posts on regular basis through the Walk-in-Interview process.
OMC Recruitment 2021 vacancy details:
|Name of the Post||TOTAL||UR||SEBC||SC||ST|
|2||Mining Plate- III||50||22||2||8||18|
Reservation for Women/PWD/Ex-Servicemen/Sportspersons shall be given as per Govt. norms.
In case of non-availability of eligible/suitable women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible and suitable male candidates(s) of the same category.
Candidates belonging to domicile of Odisha only shall be considered for the above Non-Executive
Eligibility Criteria for OMC Recruitment 2021:
|Name of the
|Pay and allowances||Basic qualification||Age as on 01.07.2021|
Starting Basic pay of Rs. 35400/- (Cell No.1) in the Pay Scale of 35400-112400/- & other allowances in the Pay Level-9 in the Revised Scales of Pay, 2017.
|Diploma in Mines
Survey/Nining Engineering from a AICTE recognized Institute with Survey Certificate of
Competency in Mining
Survey from DGMS.
Not below 18
|Starting Basic pay of Rs. 22400/- (Cell No.2) in the Pay Scale of 21700-69100/- & other allowances in the Pay Level-5 in the Revised Scales of Pay, 2017.||HSC with Mining Mate’s
Competency issued by DGNS as per PIMR (Metalliferous Mines Regulations)-1961.
|Not below 18 years and
Upper age limit in case of SC/ST/SEBC/ Women/PWD/Sportsperson/Ex-servicemen shall be relaxed as per norms of Govt. Similarly, upper age limit in case of departmental candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria shall be relaxed up to maximum 10 years. The departmental candidates shall produce service continuity certificate issued b the concerned Unit Head at the time of verification of documents and interview.
Date & Place of Walk-in-Interview for OMC Recruitment 2021:
|POST||DATE & TIME||VENUE OF INTERVIEW|
|Mining Mate- III||02.09.2021 at 8.00 AM||Community Centre, OMC Colony of Regional Office,
Barbil Dist- Keonjhar
|Surveyor||03.09.2021 at 8.00 AM|
How to apply: The candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for respective posts are advised to download the bio-data format from OMC Website https://omcltd.in. which to be filled up by the candidate in English after carefully reading the eligibility criteria prescribed for each post.
The applicant should affix a recent colour passport size photograph at the top right side of the application form.
The applicant should submit self-attested copy of certificates/documents from HSC onwards towards proof of qualification, marks, age, caste, experience, resident certificate etc along with the application form at the time of interview. Valid caste certificate/ SEBC certificate & resident certificate must be obtained from the Competent Authority & be produced on the date of interview. OBC certificate in place of SEBC certificate shall not be accepted.
The candidates already employed in Govt./ Semi-Govt./ Central PSU/ State PSU shall submit ‘No Objection Certificate’ issued by their present employer at the time of interview.
Applications without supporting documents/incomplete/not full-filling the prescribed criteria in any respect shall be rejected.
Selection Methodology: Selection will be made on the basis of career marking and performance in the Walk-In interview considering the vacancies, percentage of reservation as well as requirements.
Filling-up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled up due to un- suitability/insufficient number of candidates.
The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials.
- The candidates shall produce Identity Proof (Aadhar/ Voter ID/ Driving License) at the time of document verification on the date of Walk-in-Interview.
- Candidates are advised to visit Corporation website https://omcItd.in at regular intervals for any notification, news, updates, results etc relating to recruitment.
- The decision of OMC Management shall be final & binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, selection of candidate, cancellation of the recruitment process, etc. No enquiry/correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
- At any stage of recruitment process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information then the candidature /appointment of the candidate shall liable to be cancelled.
- Canvassing in any form will be viewed adversely & may lead to disqualification.
- Finally selected candidates shall have to produce the required documents at the time of joining at respective places of posting as per provisions of OXIC R&P Rules for Non-executives 2012 (visit OMC website https://omcItd.in).
- Candidates after recruitment can be posted in any establishment of OMC.
- OMC services are not pensionable.
- The candidates against whom vigilance/ criminal cases is pending shall not be eligible.
- The candidates (in case of married) should not have more than one spouse living.
- Any dispute arising in this connection will be subject to the jurisdiction of the appropriate Court of Odisha.