Odisha: Woman sustains critical burn injuries after sari catches fire while sitting near bonfire

Kenonjhar: Sitting near a bonfire to warm up herself due to the coldwave condition became tragic for a woman in Odisha’s Kenonjhar district last night as she sustained critical burn injuries after her sari caught fire while she was sitting near the bonfire.

In view of the ongoing cold wave condition in the area, one Sulachana Naik of Satkosia village of the district was sitting near a bonfire along with her family members to warm-up herself.

Soon, she was rushed to the Anandapur Hospital for treatment. Later, she was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack as her health condition did not improve.

Doctor said that Sulachana’s condition is said to be critical as she has sustained 70 per cent of burn injures throughout her body.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.