Odisha Vigilance arrests OPHWC Crorepati Dy Manager Pratap Samal
Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance has arrested Deputy Manager of Odisha State Police Housing and Welfare Corporation Limited Pratap Kumar Samal on charges of amassing disproportionate assets on Wednesday.
Reportedly, the vigilance sleuths have detected assets and property to the tune of Rs 14.87 crore belonging to crorepati Samal.
Earlier this morning, the bank accounts of his and along with his family members were frozen after an amount of Rs 1.61 crore balance was seized. According to reports, the relative standard deviation (RSD) value of 25 plots that have been unearthed is Rs 3.41 crore. The 5-storey building at Gothapatna which was in the name of his wife Sasmita Samal has been valued at Rs 3.89 crore.
On Tuesday, the properties of Samal were raided by the Odisha vigilance sleuths. During the raid, he attempted to hide off a stash of Rs 20 lakh cash by stuffing into a bag and throwing it into the nearby building. He was found to own five plots and one building in Bhadrak district’s Basudevpur, 17 plots in Bhubaneswar, and two buildings in Khurda.
The vigilance sleuths conducted the raids at the following places:
- a triple storeyed building over Plot No. N/6-416, IRC Village in Bhubaneswar,
- a six storeyed building located opposite of Maa Bhagabati Temple, Biju Pattanaik College Chhaka, Jayadev Vihar in Bhubaneswar,
- a single storeyed building over plot No.3/605, Sarakantra, Khandagiri given on rent in Bhubaneswar,
- flat No-202, second floor, Narendra Villa, Jayadev Vihar in Bhubaneswar,
- a three storeyed apartment namely Ananya Towers at Balisahi, Basudevpur in Bhadrak,
- G plus 3 storeyed building named as Ananya Towers located at Balisahi over plot no 612/7821 near Union Bank in Basudevpur of Bhadrak,
- his native house at Haripur, Simulia in Balasore,
- a house of his relative at Haripur, Simulia in Balasore,
- his office located at Odisha State Police Housing And Welfare Corporation (OPHWC) in Bhubaneswar
- a five storeyed building over khata no.594, plot no.991, areas.105, Gothapatana, in Bhubaneswar in the name of his wife Sasmita Samal
- a four storeyed building over plot no N/6-235, IRC Village, Nayapalli in Bhubaneswar
The Deputy Manager completed Diploma in Civil Engineering at Barapada School of Engineering, Bhadrak in 1987. He joined in Odisha Police Housing and Welfare Corporation on August 14, 1988 as Junior Engineer at Bhubaneswar Head Office and continued as Estimator till 1994-95. He has worked at Kendrapara and Deogarh.
He worked at Rourkela, Bolangir, Keonjhar and Cuttack after his promotion to the rank of Deputy Manager in the year 2013. Thereafter , he joined at Bhubaneswar office in the year 2019 and has been continuing as such.