Odisha: Police bust IPL betting racket busted; 5 arrested, Rs 4.56 lakh seized
Berhampur: Acting on a credible information, staff of Gosaninuagaon Police Station in Berhampur conducted a raid on a white Kia Seltos Car bearing Registration Number-OD07-AK-4224 and busted an IPL online betting racket and arrested five persons from the spot.
One Dipu Nahak alias Anda Dipu was running the IPL betting racket. He is the prime accused of this case who conspired with other accused persons and created distribution links purchasing them from the Stockist of outside since last 5 years.
They were found engaged in betting through websites :1. www.agawscf.skyexchange.com, 2. www. agawscf. skyinplay.com, 3. https://ag.richbet444.com 4.www.jeesky.in& 5.www. kingexchange.com. which are not legal in India.
Dipu has created user ID and Passwords on those websites with a view to facilitate IPL betting online. Besides, he has induced a number of Sellers/ Retailers, assigning them with various user IDs and Passwords in those websites with a view to facilitate and organize betting online and thereby amassed a huge amount of money.
The prime accused has induced the general public (customers) to bet money in online IPL betting and collects commission.
During the raid cops arrested the following accused persons:
- Dipu Nahak alias Anda Dipu, (32) of Kanishi Hata, PS-Golanthara
- Kittu Rout alias Kitush (36) Kanishi Hata, P.S.-Golanthara,
- Aswini Kumar Patro alias Lekhu (31) of Kanishi Hata, P.S. Golanthara,
- Prasanta Kumar Sahu alias Pintu, (38) of Kabisurya Nagar, P.S. – Kabisurya Nagar, At/Pre-Tulu Road, Kanishi Hata, P.S. – Golanthara,
- Gopinath Maharana alias Gopi (28) of Tulu Road, Kanishi Hata, P.S. – Golanthara, Berhampur
The following items seizure:
- Cash: Rs 4,56,900 of different denominations
- 9 Mobile Phone Handsets
- One KIA Car (OD-07-AK-4224)
- 203.96 grams of gold ornaments.