Odisha Panchayat election: SEC declares party-wise breakup of 3407 Zilla Parishad candidates
Bhubaneswar: The Secretary of State Election Commission (SEC), Odisha on Thursday declared the party-wise breakup of the Zilla Parishad candidates for the upcoming Panchayat election.
According to the State Election Commission, there are 3407 Zilla Parishad candidates who are contesting the Panchayat election this year from 852 zones.
While the state ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) has given the highest number of Zilla Parishad candidates (851) the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Indian National Congress (INC) have made 848 and 836 people as their party candidates.
Check party-wise breakup Z.P Candidates:
- Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP)-159,
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-848,
- Communist Party of India (CPI)-38,
- Communist Party of India (Marxist) CPI(M)-72,
- Indian National Congress (INC)-836,
- Biju Janata Dal (BJD)-851,
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)-32,
- All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU)-12,
- Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM)-47,