Odisha: Over 40 Taken Ill After Consuming Prasad On Ganesh Puja
Keonjhar: Over 40 persons were taken ill at Padmapur village under Sadar block in the district today after consuming ‘prasad’ on Ganesh Chaturthi last evening.
All of them are undergoing treatment at Padmapur Community Health Centre (CHC) for treatment while one of them was later shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital.
As per reports, the locals had consumed prasad on Ganesh Puja yesterday afternoon. However, most of them complained of vomiting and diarrhoea after which they were immediately admitted to the Padmapur CHC. Doctors suspect food poisoning behind the illness.
Later in the day, BJD MP of Keonjhar Chandrani Murmu visited the CHC to take stock of the situation.