Bhubaneswar: Taking into consideration the recent resurgence in Covid cases Odisha government on Thursday issued a fresh set of guidelines for Covid protocol in health care facilities.
The Health and Family Welfare Department wrote to the superintendents of all Medical Colleges and Hospitals, the director of Capital hospital Bhubaneswar/ RGH, Rourkela CDM and PHO of all districts.
In the letter it was said that taking into consideration the recent resurgence in Covid cases in the State everybody need to maintain social distancing to decongest the health facilities and to see that health care personnel and non-covid patients do not get infected.
Here are the guidelines for the hospitals:
- Strict enforcement of Covid appropriate behaviour in hospital with infection control measures.
- Non-essential admission is to be avoided.
- All elective surgeries are to be stopped and emergency surgeries need to be taken up with universal precautions.
- In indoor, one attendant is to be allowed for serious patient and no attendant to be allowed inside the ward for ambulatory patient.
- In OPD the medical officer should avoid advising frequent re-visit of the patients if not required.
- Media may not be allowed inside OPD and IPD.
- Number of DDC counters should be increased and social distancing enforced.
- Dedicated fever clinic, isolation ward and testing facilities are to be established as per previous guideline.
- Must have facilities to deal with all types of emergency procedure including maternity and child care with Covid prevention protocol.
- People are to be encouraged to utilise existing telemedicine services for their ailments as per previous guideline.
- To ensure that no emergency case is denied timely medical care in the name of Covid.
- Ensure adequate singage/ IEC material in strategic locations of the hospital to sensitise the patient and general public about Covid appropriate behaviour.
- Any other steps are to be adopted by Hospital Administration depending on local situation to ensure social distancing.
- Strict infection control practices to be ensured in hospitals as per Advisory issued earlier.