Odisha Govt gears up to make ‘Make in Odisha Conclave-2018’ the watershed moment in state’s industrialization journey
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government has geared up to make the ‘Make in Odisha Conclave 2018,’ the flagship biennial global investors’ summit, the watershed moment in Odisha’s industrialization journey and at a scale that has not been seen before in the State. The response from investor community has been very encouraging.
The Conclave, which will be organized at Janata Maidan in Bhubaneswar from November 11 -15, has the following firsts to its credit
1) Duration of the Conclave: Unlike investors’ summits being organized by many other States, Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 will be organised over 4.5 days and has been designed to be a unique platform for discussing the various aspects of building the Odisha of tomorrow. The participation of 15 departments of the State Government, the confluence of investors, government officials and the general public makes it by far the biggest ever business event in the State.
2) Business Leadership Summit: Reliance Group Chairman Mukesh Ambani will be the star speaker at Business Leadership Summit to be organised just after the plenary session of Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 on November 12. The Business Leadership Summit will provide leadership perspective from industry captains to inspire next generation leaders. Several industry leaders from national and local companies will be present at the Business Leadership Summit along with local industrialists and entrepreneurs.
3) Cultural Programmes: In order to expose visitors to the rich cultural heritage of the State, on 11th November, a variety of activities have been planned such as Coastal Fun Run, Heritage Walk, Golf Tournament and tours of Tribal Museum and Kala Bhoomi (Odisha Crafts Museum). An artistic rendition of the State’s history and culture will be presented by renowned Odissi dancer Smt. Aruna Mohanty and her troupe during the inaugural plenary session on 12th November. Bibhu Mohapatra, Rourkela-born and US-based renowned fashion designer will deliver a TED-style talk on the creative economy which would touch upon his personal journey from Rourkela to New York and his experience of starting a label and making a leading fashion brand out of it in the US. The talk will be followed by a fashion show wherein Odisha-based handloom work shall also be showcased in draping of saris and local textile pieces.
4) Odisha Theme Pavilion: The highlight of the event will be the Odisha Theme pavilion named “Deomali” with mesmerizing projections on the geodesic dome. This dome is being constructed for the first time in India and will project the focus sectors and prominent tourism locations in the state. Besides, there would be ample usage of cutting-edge technologies such as “kinetic installation” wherein the visitors can marvel at the synchronized beauty of 108 spheres. Visitors can also witness the future Smart City and the natural beauty of Odisha in a never-before-seen way through virtual reality.
5) Startup Talk: This will be a platform for start-ups & aspiring entrepreneurs to interact with investors, mentors & entrepreneurs of national, international repute. The confirmed speakers for panel discussion include prominent Odia entrepreneurs Amarendra Sahu, Co-founder & CEO, NestAway, Rahul Dash, Co-founder & CEO, Purplle, Srikumar Misra, Founder & MD, Milk Mantra, Subrat Kar, Co-founder & CEO, Vidooly among others.
6) Tech Talk: Ms. Yvette Kanouff, former Senior Vice President and General Manager of Service Provider Business at Cisco Systems, USA will deliver a talk on emerging technologies. This will be an exciting opportunity for technology enthusiasts to get an in-depth perspective on megatrends from the world of technology.
7) Awards being presented
o Odisha CSR Awards 2018: The Odisha CSR Awards, being awarded for the first time in the State, will be conferred on companies operating in the State for their outstanding contribution to socio-economic development in the State.
o Expo Awards: 3 companies will be awarded for the best stall at the Expo on November 12.
o Pride of Odisha: Following the successful conclusion of the “I am Odisha” campaign on social media, 7 successful entrepreneurs and innovators based in Odisha will present their case studies.3 winners who will be felicitated as the ‘Pride of Odisha’ by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
8) Japan Seminar: Since Japan is the Country Partner of Make in Odisha Conclave 2018, a dedicated session for Japanese companies has been scheduled on 12th November. The Japanese companies will be showcased various investment opportunities in Odisha’s manufacturing sector. Some of the companies which have confirmed their presence include Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Marubeni, JFE Steel, Nissin Food, Mitsui and Takahata Precision.
9) 36-hour Hackathon: Smart Odisha Hackathon is being organized in the State for the first time. 293 students have been selected and grouped under 93 teams.The winners of the 36 hour Smart Odisha Hackathon will be felicitated on 15th November.
10) Guests of Honour: The confirmations from many industry captains have been received for Guests of Honour for the Conclave. This again reaffirms the significance of the event in the minds of investors.
Ananta Das, Minister for Industries, Government of Odisha said, “All preparations for the successful conduct of Make in Odisha Conclave 2018 are nearing completion. The conclave this year is much larger in terms of the impact that it will create with 15 Government Departments organising sessions in different sectors across 4 days. The conclave will also provide unique opportunity for businesses to network and forge partnerships. The Expo at the event will also be much larger showcasing manufacturing prowess of the State through use of modern and immersive technologies by the companies operating in the State.”
The following events/sessions will be organized day wise at the Conclave:-
Day 0 (November 11, Sunday):
- Coastal Fun Run
- Heritage Walk
- Golf Tournament
- Tribal Museum Tour
- Kala Bhoomi Tour (Odisha Crafts Museum)
Day 1 (November 12, Monday):
- Inaugural Session (Plenary) and Business Leadership Summit
- Session on Logistics & Infrastructure
- Japan Seminar
- Food Processing
- Bhubaneswar and Rourkela Smart Cities
- Tourism Investment
- MoU Signing Ceremony of Excellence Programs (Sports) – To be held at Kalinga Stadium
Day 2 (November 13, Tuesday):
- Session on Healthcare Investment
- Session on Textiles & Apparel
- Session on Downstream Industries in Metal Sector
- Session on MSME Investment
- Tech Talk
- Startup Talk
- Session on Aerospace & Defence Manufacturing
- Session on Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Session on Agribusiness Investment
- Session on Skill Development
- Valedictory Ceremony
Day 3 (November 14, Wednesday):
- Women Entrepreneurship Plenary
- Electronics and IT
- Agri Marketing
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Academic Meet Plenary
- Woman Entrepreneurship Thematic Session on Financing for Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurship Thematic Session on Marketing for Entrepreneurs
- Women Entrepreneurship Thematic Session on Marketing for SHGs
- Woman Entrepreneurship Thematic Session on Financing for SHGs
- Academic Meet Thematic Session
- 36 Hour Smart Odisha Hackathon
Day 4 (November 15, Thursday):
- 36 Hour Smart Odisha Hackathon (contd.)
- Investments in Biotechnology sector
- Media and Entertainment Session
More details on the conclave can be found at the link here: https://mio.investodisha.gov.in/