Odisha Government Issues New Guidelines For Republic Day Parade
Bhubaneswar: The Government of Odisha has decided that there will be no public participation in the Republic Day celebration in Odisha this year.
In a letter to Collectors the Deputy Secretary said that certain decisions have been taken by the Home Department which has to be strictly followed while celebrating the occasion.
The government has asked the Collectors to follow the decisions taken by the government.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The National Flag shall be unfolded by the Chief Guest after 8.30 A.M (To be intimated separately by Home Department) followed by the National Anthem
- Only police personnel shall participate in the ceremony
- There will be no participation of students / NCC Cadets etc.
- There will be no participation of the general public in the celebration. Only limited number of guests may be invited to the celebration.
- It is mandatory to follow the social distancing norms, wearing of masks by those attending the ceremony.
The similar guidelines and procedure may be followed for the celebration of the Republic Day 2021 at the Block and Panchayat levels.