Odisha Cabinet approves state’s own Food Security Scheme
KalingaTV News Network
Bhubaneswar: In a major move, Odisha Cabinet on Monday gave its green signal for the State Government’s own Food Security Scheme that has recently been announced by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik during his ‘Ama Mukhya Ama Katha’ public interface programme.
Informing about the Odisha Cabinet’s decision, Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi said, “All the eligible people will be included under the scheme. In the first phase, the government has set a target to cover around 25 lakh beneficiaries under the scheme which will be be implemented from October 2.”
As per the guidelines issued by the government there are some nine exclusion criteria and 11 auto inclusion criteria under the scheme.
The 11 auto inclusion criteria for selection of beneficiaries are :
Five new auto-inclusion criteria have been proposed i.e, as at (G) to (K) below to be added to the existing 6 auto inclusion criteria under NFSA. These five criteria have been included as per guidelines issued by Centre to cover poor and distressed persons under Antodaya Anna yojana and Annapurna scheme.
- All households coming under Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Group (PVTG) category.
- Households without shelter (Certificate from people’s representative/any responsible officer of the concerned block/urban local body)
- Households without destitute living on alms (Certificate from people’s representative/any responsible officer of the concerned block/urban local body)
- Households with widows and other single women with no regular support.
- Households having a person with disability (40% and above)
- Transgender applicant.
- Households with old persons (aged 60 or above) with no regular support and no assured means of subsistence.
- Households where due to old age, lack of physical or mental fitness, social customs, need to care for disable or other persons, no adult member is available to engage in gainful employment outside the house.
- Households dependent on daily wage labour.
- Internally displaced persons due to various projects.
- Households having a person suffering from leprosy/HIV/any other critical diseases.
The 9 exclusion criteria to be used during selection of eligible beneficiaries are :
- Household having a member who owns a four wheeler vehicle or a heavy vehicle.
- Households having a member working as a regular employee or central or the state government, public sector undertaking, government aided autonomous bodies and local bodies (incentive and honorarium based workers would not be considered under this criterion).
- Households having a member working in private sector with a monthly salary of more than Rs 10,000 per month in rural areas and Rs 15,000 per month in urban areas.
- Households having a member who owns an enterprise (other than micro-enterprises) registered with the government for manufacturing and services.
- Households having domestic electric connection with a load of 2 KW or more and/or consuming an average of 300 units of energy (KWH) per month (average over one year).
- Households having a member paying income tax or professional tax.
- Households having a member drawing a monthly pension of more than Rs 10,000 per month in rural areas and Rs 15,000 per month in urban areas.
- Households having a member who owns tractors and harvesters.
- Households who own three or more rooms with RCC roof not constructed under the Indira Awas Yojana or the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana or the Biju Pucca Ghar Yojana or the Nirman Shramik Yojana.