Bhubaneswar: Additional Chief Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department Pradipta Mohapatra on Sunday directed the concerned official to take measures immediately to mitigate the COVID pandemic.
Taking note of the rapid surge of COVID19 cases in the country and the State, Mohapatra directed all Collectors, Municipal Commissioners, Chief District Medical Officers (CDMOs) and Public Health Officers (PHOs) to take the following seven steps without delay to check the spread of the deadly virus:
- The required numbers of beds with oxygen facilities in DHH / MCH should be kept in readiness for immediate use of Covid patients.
- Other categories of isolation beds in ICU, HDU, DIALYSIS, Labour Room etc should also be kept in readiness for immediate use of patients.
- Pvt hospitals of the districts shall also be kept in readiness for immediate use with short notice.
- Adequate stock of medicine like Flavipiravir, Remdisivir etc should be maintained at district level to meet the demand at local level.
- District teams should be re-oriented on the SOP for treatment of patients under home isolation, and the same should be followed without fail.
- RRTs teams should undertake periodic visits to patients under home isolation, as per SOP.
- Vaccination of comorbid categories should be stepped up on a war footing.