Odisha: 5 officials given compulsory retirement, two others suspended
Bhubaneswar: Odisha government today gave compulsory retirement to five more officials and suspended two other officials on charges of corruption and inefficiency.
According to reports, the officials were given compulsory retirement and two others suspended following the direction of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, who has been always emphasizing on high degree of morality and integrity in public service.
This is apart, the pension of two other corrupt officials also has been cancelled permanently.
With today’s development, the State government has taken such stringent action against 173 government officials.
Here is the list of the 5 officials who have been given compulsory retirement:
- Ashish Kumar Das, the former Superintending Engineer of Rural Development Division-1 of Malkangari.
- Manas Ranjan Mohanty, former Executive Engineer of Bhadrak Rural Development Division-1.
- Manoj Kumar Behera, Executive Engineer of Cuttack Gandarpur Drainage Division.
- Umesh Kumar Shashini, Assistant Engineer of Baitarani Irrigation Division in Salpada, Keonjhar District.
- Bishuddhanand Behera, Assistant Engineer of Umerkote Roads and Buildings (R&B) Section.
The two officials who have been dismissed from their services are:
- Sabita Sahu, former Tehsildar of Samakhunta block of Mayurbhanj district, who is now Deputy Collector in Baleswar district.
- Prabhasini Babu, Social Education Officer of Balangir district.
The two officials whose pension has been permanently withheld are:
- Jaladhar Mallick, retired former Chief District Veterinary Officer (CDVO) of Parlakhemundi.
- Trinath Sethi, a retired former junior engineer of Ganjam District Rural Works Division-2.