Good news for the candidates who want to apply for 1749 posts of Principal and other teaching and non-teaching staff as the Odisha Adarsha Vidyalaya Sangathan (OAVS) has allowed to apply through offline mode.
The OAVS has given the opportunity for offline application of OAVS Recruitment 2022 following the intervention of the Orissa High Court. The age limit has been changed.
“Candidates shall be under 38 years of age and above 21 years of age as on 01.01.2021. However, in case of SC/ST, Women, SEBC, the upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years and in case of PH candidates, the upper age limit shall be relaxed by 10 years. Age limit of Ex-serviceman shall be as per G.A. Notification No-22586/Gen.Dtd.16.10.1985 and Rules/guidelines of Govt. of Odisha in operation,” said a notification issued by the Odisha Adarsha Vidyalaya Sangathan.
The court has directed the concerned authorities have been asked to accept the offline applications by the last date of its receipt, i.e., 31.01.2022 (now February 22), as the petitioners are eligible to make applications as per the release date of advertisement, i.e. 28.12.2021 and such acceptance of the applications shall abide by the result of the writ petition till 23.02.2022.
OAVS Vacancy 2022 details
OAVS Recruitment 2022 Eligibility Criteria for Principal, Teaching and Non-Teaching Posts
Educational/Technical Qualification & Experience
Principal: Master’s Degree from a recognized University with at least 45% marks in aggregate and B.Ed. should have studied Odia at high school level or single subject Odia examination up to High School. 10 year TGT experience or equivalent.
OAVS Recruitment 2022 Application Fee
- Post of Principal: Rs 2000/- (Other Candidates) & Rs.1250/- for SC, ST & PwD candidates plus bank charges and service tax (as applicable).
- Teaching Posts and Librarians: Rs 1500/- (Other Candidates) & Rs.1000/- for SC, ST & PwD candidates plus bank charges and service tax (as applicable).
OAVS Recruitment 2022 Educational Qualification
- The candidate must have passed MIL Odia up to ME standard.
- The candidates who have not passed Odia up to M.E Standard can apply, but they have to pass the examination (Odia upto M.E Standard) conducted by BSE, Odisha, Cuttack within three years from the date of joining.
- Candidates must have Master Degree/Bachelor Degree in Arts/ Science with Bachelor Degree in Education from any University of the State as applicable for different posts.
- All candidates for the post of TGTs(TGT Odia, TGT English, TGT Math, TGT Science, TGT SST) must have passed OSSTET / OTET-Paper-II conducted by BSE/ CTET -PaperII conducted by CBSE in accordance with the guidelines framed by the NCTE.
- Regarding Universities/Institutions of outside State, the candidates shall only be eligible for appointment after verification of genuineness of their educational/training qualification from concerned University/Institutions from which they have obtained the degree. Such outside University/Institution candidates shall have to produce the authenticated proof of equivalency from any University of the state of Odisha and NCTE recognition in support of their qualification at the time of document verification, failing which they will not be
eligible in the selection process.
- A candidate furnishing certificates, mark-sheets with grades and grade point shall also furnish numerical equivalence of grades/grade points from the examining bodies.
- Candidates must specifically indicate the percentage of marks obtained (calculated to the nearest two decimals) in the relevant column of the application. Where percentage of marks is not awarded by the University but only CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same shall be converted into percentage in terms of conversion norms of University, besides indicating the CGPA/OGPA in the application. Candidates will have to produce the certificate/document issued by the University evidencing conversion formula of university & percentage of marks, when called for document verification.
- Round off %age of marks will not be acceptable under any circumstances for consideration for appointment i.e. 49.99% will be treated as less than 50%, likewise 44.99% will be treated as less than 45%.
- The date of declaration of result/issuance of Mark Sheet shall be deemed to be date of acquiring the qualification and there shall be no relaxation on this account.
- The candidates should have competence to teach both in English & Odia medium for all the above teaching posts. The knowledge of computer application is desirable for all teaching posts.
- The candidates not having the prescribed academic/professional qualification, experience and not passed OSSTET/CTET -Paper-II/OTET-Paper-II (for the TGTs) as applicable for the respective posts as per the advertisement need not apply. OAVS will not be held responsible if the candidature of such candidate is cancelled at any stage of the recruitment process.
OAVS Recruitment 2022 Selection Process
The Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in Computer Based Test (CBT), Interview and Performance Test as applicable and specified in these modalities put together. The appropriate Committee constituted by Govt. reserves the right to decide the cut-off marks in CBT and Interview separately and the criteria for shortlisting.