KalingaTV News Network
Keonjhar: A 14-year-old girl died after fire from the burning flat-wick lamp caught her while she was sleeping last night at Ketang village under Ghatgaon block in the district.
The deceased has been identified as Tilatama Biswal, daughter of Satyananda Biswal.
According to reports, fire from the burning flat-wick lamp caught the mattress on which the minor was asleep at her house. Before Tilatama, who was in a deep sleep could realize and scream for help, fire had engulfed her completely.
Satyananda and other family members doused the fire, however, the ninth standard girl had already died by the time.
The local cops have started an investigation into the matter.