Met issues Yellow Warning for cold wave conditions & forecast for next 5 days in Odisha, Check details
Bhubaneswar: The regional office of the India Meteorological Department in Bhubaneswar today issued a Yellow Warning for cold wave conditions in different districts of Odisha.
The weatherman while issuing the yellow warning said that isolated cold wave conditions are very likely to prevail over the districts of Jharsuguda, Sundergarh, Boudh, Sonepur, Bargarh, Balangir and Nuapada in the next 24 hours.
Forecast for Odisha during next five days
- Dry weather is most likely to prevail over the districts of Odisha from 23.12.2021 to 0830 HRS IST of 28.12.2021.
Minimum Temperature forecast
- Gradual rise in minimum temperature (Night temperature) by 2-4 oC during next 2 days and no large change thereafter over the districts of Odisha.
- An increased likelihood of various illnesses like running/ stuffy nose or nosebleed, which usually set in or get aggravated due to prolonged exposure to cold.
- Livestock may be affected due to prolong exposure to cold
- Stay indoors during the night & early morning and use multiple clothes to avoid exposure to cold.
- Do arrangements to keep livestock in shaded/indoor areas.
- Avoid movement during the night especially through two-wheelers/ open cars.
- Take safety measures while using electrical and gas heating devices.