Jeypore: A 35-year-old man was electrocuted to death at his under-construction house in Phampuni village under in Jeypore Sadar police limits in Odisha’s Koraput district on Thursday.
The deceased has been identified as Sunkanta Pradhan of Phampuni village.
The incident occured this morning when Pradhan came into contact with live wire lying above his his under-construction house. He fell unconscious when he went to the rooftop of the house, sources said.
Soon after the incident, locals called the police and simultaneously rushed him to the District Headquarter Hospital here, where duty doctors declared him dead on arrival.
The body was handed over to the family members for last rites after completion of legal formalities, police said.
A pall of gloom has descended to the villagers after the sad demised of Pradhan.