Man charred to death in Ganjam house fire

Berhampur: In a shocking incident a man was charred to death as fire broke out at his house in G Damodarplli village under Aska police limits in Ganjam district on Friday.

The deceased has been identified as Simanchal Patra.

As per the report, sparks erupted at Simanchal’s house in the wee hours due to some reason and spread rapidly. The victim who was asleep inside his room was charred to death on the spot.

Some neighbours of the deceased called up fire service officials a few minutes later to bring the flames under control following a Herculean effort.

Local police rushed the body to Aska hospital for autopsy after reaching the spot.

An electric short circuit is being feared behind the mishap.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.