Mamita Meher Murder Case: All seized materials to be sent for forensic test, informs DIG Deepak Kumar

Balangir: All seized materials will be sent for forensic test, informed Northern Range DIG Deepak Kumar while speaking about the much sensational Mamita Meher murder case on Monday.

While briefing the media about the development of the case, the DIG said that prime accused Govinda Sahu has already confessed to have murdered Mamita Meher. His five-day remand period has been completed and if it is needed his driver Radhe will be brought on remand.

“We have seized two bags. While a half-burnt bag was recovered from the scene of crime, which has been identified by the victim’s family members, another bag was found from the driver’s house but it is yet to be identified,” he said.

“This apart we have got a mobile phone, which Govinda said that it belongs to somebody known to him in the institution. Police are investigating it now and the prima facie there is no any incriminating datas,” he added.

The DIG further said that we have already started the process to strengthen the evidences. We will fast-track the case for trial in the court.

It is to be noted here that Mamita was a teacher of Sunshine English Medium School at Mahaling under the Sindhekela Police limits of the Kalahandi district. It is alleged that she was aware of his extramarital affair of Govinda, the president of the institute. Due to this, he had a grudge against her and in order to take revenge, he decided to eliminate her.

Govinda killed Mamita inside his car while they were en-route to Kegaon from Bhawanipatna on October 8. Thereafter, he burned the body using cardboard and tyres in a previously dug pit at the mini stadium and covered it the next day morning.

He was detained by the cops based on a complaint filed by Mamita’s family members. However, he had escaped from the police custody. Later, he was nabbed from Budhipadar village under Bangamunda block in Balangir.

On the other hand, the Balangir police produced Sahu before the Bangomunda JMFC Court after the completion of his remand period. The court sent him to the Kantabanji sub-jail as the police did not seek further remand of the accused.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.