Know how much damages Odisha witnessed post Cyclone Titli
Bhubaneswar: Odisha witnessed damages of infrastructure and crops due to heavy downpour triggered by Very Severe Cyclonic Storm Titli that hit the state yesterday.
According reports, 1514 numbers of houses, as per preliminary estimate, have been damaged in Ganjam, Kandhamal and Puri districts. (Ganjam- 1455, Puri-38, Kandhamal- 21).
A total of 85612 hectares (approx) of crop area was affected in Ganjam district. Similarly, 50000 livestock got affected & 1543 livestock casualty occurred.
Besides, major portion of footover bridge over Kalingadala barrage (River Bahuda) has been washed away due to heavy rain in Ganjam district. Rushikulya water has entered into Aska jail after damaging the main gate.
Landslide occurred at Bengedanga ghat, Daringibadi due to heavy rainfall in Kandhamal district and damaged 4 bridges.
• No. of free kitchen centers opened- 395
• 94265 people have been in evacuated and sheltered in 683 shelters
- Gopalpur Road, Berhampur town road, medical college internal roads, Hinjili- Seragada SH cleared. All most all important roads cleared in the district
- 42 nos. of mobile medical teams deployed
• 145 nos. of Medical Relief Centres opened
• 115 Pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruha
• 50 team consisting of 150 personnel with power saw are engaged in clearing the falling trees on roads.
- 150 personnel divided into 25 teams with 25 power boats deployed to different places for rescue operation.
• Additional 12 teams consisting of 65 personnel mobilized from Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and Puri deployed to Aska for rescue & relief
• 16 Free kitchen centers at 14 villages are in operation at Gunupur & Rayagada covering 1138 beneficiaries.
• Polythene have been distributed to the people whose houses are damaged
• Fire Services deployed to the affected areas.
• Road clearing is going on.
• 1 Medical Relief Centre opened
• 26 Pregnant women shifted to Maa Gruha.
• 290 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 3 shelters
• 13,139 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 161 shelters
• Fire Service Team & NDRF team engaged in cutting of trees for road clearance.
- Road from Kashinagar to Paralakhemundi and Gumma to Paralakhemundi and other roads have been cleared
- DG (Fire Services) has sent 45 power saws and manpower available at Cuttack to Gajapati district
- OFDC has sent 70 skilled persons with 13 Power Saws & axe and other equipment for road clearances
- 6 rescue team consisting 30 personnel with 6 boats are in operation in Gajapati district
- 34 teams with 50 Power saw are working to clear up roads from Mohana to Paralakhemundi and other roads
• Cooked food & Chuda have been provided to 15798 persons
• No. of Relief Camps Opened- 62
• 3 pumps have been utilized in Puri city for dewatering
• 2632 persons have been evacuated and sheltered in 38 shelters
- Bhubaneswar and Cuttack cities
• 12 Pumps in Bhubaneswar have been used for dewatering the water logged areas.
• 10 Pumps in Cuttack have been used for dewatering the water logged areas
- Other Action: Two Naval Helicopters requisitioned from Indian Navy has reached Gopalpur. Air dropping operation will start from tomorrow morning in Aska, Ganjam district.