JEE Main Exams Begin Today With Covid-19 Guidelines
Bhubaneswar: The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) 2021 conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) will begin on February 23. The first attempt is usually held in January. However, this year, it has been deferred due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
“In the first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time,” the NTA said in an official notice. The next three sessions will be held in March, April, and May 2021.
The JEE (Main) is being conducted across Odisha in 17 places. The centre has been set up in Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Angul, Bhadrak, Baripada, Jajpur, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Puri, Jagatsinghpur, Bhawanipatna, and Jeypore.
The exams will be held in two sittings the first from 9 am to 12 noon and the second from 3 pm to 6 pm.
The examination will be held amid Covid-19 guidelines.
The exam for the February session would be conducted on February 23, 24, 25, and 26, 2021.
JEE Main 2021: Last Minute Instruction For the Candidates:
- Before stepping out for the examination candidates must ensure that they carry the important documents with them that include the admit card, passport size photo, the government authorized photo identity. In case of candidates belonging to the PwD category, the certificate should be carried by them.
- Candidates are advised to report at the Examination Center well in time i.e. 2 hours before commencement of the examination.
- All appearing candidates will mandatory wear face masks and carry sanitizers to the exam centre. Hand sanitizers will also be available for candidates and other center staff inside the exam venue.
- The agency will provide a fresh 3 ply mask to each candidate before they enter the exam hall. The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/ her from home and use the mask provided at the center only.
- Candidates must keep in mind not to carry electronic devices, bags, eatables in their bags. The examination hall may not have a provision for a locker at the center to keep your belongings.