Balasore: Odisha Vigilance conducted a raid on properties associated with Jaleswar Block Development Officer (BDO) in Balasore district on Saturday morning on the allegation of accumulation of disproportionate assets.
The Jaleswar BDO in the vigilance net has been identified as Ashwini Kumar Das. It has been learnt that previously he was the BDO in Mahakalapada block of Kendrapara district.
Simultaneous searches are being conducted by the Odisha Vigilance team led by Vigilance DSP Somnath Barik and four other DSPs, nine Inspectors, and other staff.
Based on a piece of reliable information, the vigilance sleuths have conducted raids at six places on the strength of search warrants issued by Honourable Special Judge, Vigilance, Cuttack.
1) Residential double storyed building of Ashwini Kumar Das located at Jhinkiria, Sri Krishna Vihar, near Bayalisamouza,Dist-Cuttack
2) Triple storyed building of Ashwini Kumar Das located at Kalapada near Bayalisamouza,Dist-Cuttack
3) Office Room of Das located at Block Office, Jaleswar,Dist-Balasore
4) Govt residential quarter of Sri Das located at Jaleswar,Dist-Balasore
5) Office room of Jyotirmayee Sahoo (wife of Sri Das)located at Govt Press, Khapuria, Cuttack
6) Relative’s house of Das located at village-Bhuinpur,PS-Aul,Dist-Kendrapara.
During house searches so far, the following assets have been unearthed in the name of Das and his family members:
1) 24 Plots in prime area of Cuttack & Kendrapara district.
2) Triple storeyed building at Kalapada, 42 Mouza, Cuttack worth approx Rs.1.22 Crore.
3) Double storeyed building at Jhinkiria, Sri Krishna Vihar, 42 Mouja, Cuttack worth approx Rs.1.10 Crore.
4) One Brick Factory at Kalapada, Dist-Cuttack. Valuation of machinery accessories of Brick Factory is underway
5) Cash Rs.1,70,300/-.
6) Gold jewellery weighing approx 330 gms & silver jewellery weighing over 1.1 Kg.
7) 4 Nos of four wheelers (Skoda-Rapid Active, Innova, Scorpio & Nano) worth over Rs.41 Lakh.
8) 3 two wheelers.