Bhubaneswar: Commissionerate Police on Monday issued an advisory for vehicular movement ahead of the Independence Day celebrations at Mahatma Gandhi Marg here on August 15.
As per the advisory the state-level Independence Day celebration will begin from 6.30 AM.
Ahead of the mega event there will be rehearsal between August 11 and August 13.
While the rehearsal will be held on August 11 and 12 between 2 PM to 5 PM, the practice session would be held between 7 AM to 10.30 AM on August 13.
The city police has made elaborate traffic and parking arrangement for the smooth conduct of the Independence Day.
- Heavy vehicles will not be permitted to operate between Ram Mandir Square and Rajmahal Square through Master Canteen Chowk.
- Only two wheelers or the light vehicles will be permitted to roll on from Rajmahal Square to Master Canteen Chowk, however they will not be allowed to enter into the PMG Square.
- Vehicles coming from the Housing Board Chowk towards Rabindra Mandap have to pass through the route near Keshari talkies.
- Vehicles coming from AG Square toward PMG Square have to go through IDCOL Auditorium.
- Vehicles coming from 120 Battalion towards Rabindra Mandap shall be diverted towards Unit-4 at MLA colony crossing.
- Roads leading to Mahatma Gandhi Lane will be sealed and only the pedestrians will be allowed to pass through.
Places for parking
- BDA Bus Stand near Railway Station
- Open place near Congress Bhawan
- Open place near IDCOL Auditorium
- Open place near Jaydev Bhawan
- Open place on the premises of Rabindra Mandap
- Unit-2 Girl’s High School Ground
Besides, nobody will be allowed to sell gas balloons between PMG Square to Master Canteen Square from 6.30 AM on August 15.
The violator will be fined from Rs 500 to Rs 1000 as per the Odisha Urban Police Act 96.