Do you want to get 500 rupees every month and Rs 2 lakh accidental insurance cover and other benefits? Then, you have to have an e-shram card.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the e-Shram Portal on August 26, 2021 for the welfare of tens and thousands of unorganized workers in the country.
The E-Shram portal is generating database of workers from different sectors like construction, apparel manufacturing, fishing, gig and platform work, street vending, domestic work, agriculture and allied, and transport sector. An overwhelming proportion of migrant workers are engaged in these sectors of work.
As per the Economic Survey 2019-20, there are an estimated 38 crore unorganised workers in the country, which would be targeted to register on this portal. These migrant workers also can now take the benefits of various social security and employment-based schemes through registration at the e-Shram portal.
Benefit of e-shram card
- After registration at e-SHRAM Portal, the unorganised workers receive a digital e-SHRAM card.
- They also get a Universal Account Number (on eSHRAM Card) that is acceptable across the country for obtaining social security benefits.
- If a worker is registered at the e-Shram portal and meets with an accident, he/she will be eligible for Rs 2 lakh on death or permanent disability and Rs 1 lakh on partial disability.
- Likewise, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced that his government would provide Rs 500 to all who (resident of Uttar Pradesh) register for the e-shram card.
Who can get e-Shramik Card
- Tutor, safai karamchari, guard, housekeeper-maid, cook, beauty parlor worker, barber, cobbler, tailor, carpenter, plumber, electrician, painter, tile workers, every shopkeeper/salesman/helper, auto driver, driver, puncher maker, all animal husbandry, paper hawker, shepherd, dairy worker, zomato swiggy delivery boy, courier boy, welder, agricultural labourer, nrega worker, stone breaker, mine worker, brick kiln worker, false ceiling worker, sculptor, fisherman, rickshaw puller, coolie, chaat wala, bhel wala, chai wala, hotel servant/waiter, receptionist, inquiry clerk, operator, nurse, wardboy, aaya, temple priest
- However, they should have Indian Citizenship and be in the age group between 18-59 years.
Documents required for e-Shram Card
- Aadhaar Number,
- Aadhaar registered mobile number,
- Bank account number
How to apply for e-Shram Card
- First of all visit the official website (direct link given below).
- Click on the ‘Register on e-SHRAM’ link.
- Then give Aadhaar linked mobile number and captcha code to get OTP.
- Give the OTP and follow the instructions to complete the registration process.