Gas Leakage Causes Fire, Woman Critical In Odisha

Tangi: A woman was left battling for life with severe burn injuries after a fire broke out in her kitchen because of a gas-leakage from an LPG cylinder at Sana Nairi Danda Sahi under Chilika block in Khurda district of Odisha on Sunday.

The victim, identified as Indumati Behera, was rescued in critical condition and admitted to the Tangi Community Health Centre (CHC). After preliminary treatment, she was shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital in Khurda for proper treatment.

On the other hand, three other persons also sustained burn injuries while trying to douse the flames.

The incident occurred while Indumati was busy cooking in the kitchen. Due to unknown reasons, an inferno broke out and soon it spread throughout the house.

Hearing her screams for help, locals rushed to the house and pulled out Indumati. But, she had already sustained burn injuries due to the fire.

On being alerted, Gangadharpur Fire Brigade personnel reached the village and brought the situation under control.

Meanwhile, locals expressed resentment as there was a delay in the arrival of the firefighter team due to the level crossing at Gangadharpur.

They alleged that the fire fighting team could not move forward as the gates were closed due to the arrival of a train. Otherwise, the firefighters would have arrived early and would have controlled the loss due to the fire, they added.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.