First Rake of Puri-Durg-Puri Express upgraded to Utkrisht Category Coaches will run today on trial basis
Puri: The first rake of 18425/26 PUI-DURG-PUI Express consisting of 18 coaches has been upgraded to Utkrisht Category coaches and is ready to run on trial basis from Puri at 18:30 hrs today.
Ministry of Railways has taken steps to upgrade Mail/Express coaches under “Project Utkrist”, where 140 rakes of 66 pairs of Trains all over the country have been included to be upgraded to provide more facilities to the passengers during their journey.
In Khurda Road Division, 10 rakes of Bhubaneswar Coaching Depot. & 11 rakes of Puri Coaching Depot have been nominated for upgradation under “Project Utkrist”.
The following activities and facilities have been undertaken in the above train under “Utkrisht”.
- The rakes have been given a new colour scheme on the exterior i.e. Yellow & Dark Brown.
- The following superior quality fittings have been provided in the toilets.
- Epoxy flooring in toilet/PVC flooring with Z-Matt
- Chrome plated brass Jaguar/Perriware Make taps
- Double acting flushing valve
- Stainless steel dustbin
- Health faucets (Hand Spray) in AC coaches
- Toilet Paper roll in 1st AC coaches
- VENTURY type air exhauster in all the coaches to get rid of any foul smell.
- All coaches of this rake are fitted with energy efficient LED lights and new fans.
- Braille signage provide in coaches to facilitate visually impaired passengers.
- For the aesthetic look of coaches, Paintings and photo frames provided inside 1st AC coaches.
- Stickers printed on Aluminium Composite Board i.e. Rail heritage, Swachh Bharat, Environment protection stickers, Ek Bharat Shrestha Bharat, Bio-toilet information stickers and multiple information safety stickers).