Firecracker mishap during Sri Raghunath Jiu ‘danda jatra’ leaves 3 critical

Cuttack: Turning the festive revelry soar, at least three persons sustained critical burn injuries after a firecracker malfunctioned and sparked blaze during ‘Danda Jatra’ celebration of Lord Raghunath Jiu in Asureswar area of Cuttack district last night.

The mishap took place at the Kochilei ground in Asureswar area where the jatra was underway. A firecracker godwon owned by Fakir Nayak of Padmapur area and located near the venue went into flames after coming in contact with the fire erupted from cracker bursting.

At least three persons namely, Arjun Singh of Kulanga village, Susant Palei of Anasarpur and Deepak Ojha of Dikshitpada sustained burn injury in the mishap and were immediately rushed to Asureswar Hospital. Later, critically injured Arjun was shifted to SCB Medical College and Hospital in an ambulance.

Salipur SDPO has taken stock of the situation after reaching the spot. He has also assured for all medical assistance to the victims by the district administration.

ad

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.