Kalinga TV
Kahe Thik Dekhaye Thik

ad

Fire breaks out in SCB Hospital, Cuttack

881

KalingaTV News Network

Cuttack: Patients in the casualty building of SCB Medical College and Hospital in Cuttack had a close shave when a fire broke out due to a short circuit on Monday morning.

While no loss of life was reported, a few patients endured suffocation owing to the billowing plumes of smoke, said medical sources.

Sources said, the fire was caused due to short circuit after a lightning strike. While the Air Conditioning system was gutted in the fire, the oxygen pipeline was badly affected in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Trauma Care and Central ICU of the four storey-casualty ward building.

On being informed, fire personnel reached the spot immediately. The blaze was brought under control when the news was filed.

Details are awaited….

ad

You might also like