Fire breaks out in Rourkela restaurant, 7 hurt

Rourkela: At least seven persons sustained critical burn injury after fire broke out in a hotel located at Panposh Chhak here this morning.

The blaze took place this morning at around 7 am this morning at one ‘Pancham Hotel’ while the staffs were starting preparations for breakfast. An LPG cylinder used at the kitchen of the hotel reportedly suffered a leakage and caused a massive spark.

While valuable assets worth lakhs including furniture, utensils and vegetables were lost to the fire, seven staffs of the restaurant sustained burn injury in a bid to douse the fire.

Fire brigade teams rushed to the spot immediately to bring the flames under control and later rushed the victims to Ispat General Hospital (IGH) in the city for treatment.

Police have reached the spot and started investigation into the incident.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.