Fire breaks out at MKCG Hospital hostel in Berhampur


Berhampur: A major mishap was averted after fire broke out in the hostel of MKCG Medical College and Hospital here today.

As per the report, smokes started billowing out of a floor of the Senior Resident Doctor’s Hostel located inside the hospital premise in the afternoon and was immediately spotted by some staffs.

Fire officials rushed immediately to the spot after getting information and launched firefighting efforts.

While no casualty was reported in the mishap, important documents including medical records were completely reduced to ashes till the blaze was brought under control.

While the cause behind the fire is yet to be ascertained, it is  being suspected that an electrical short circuit triggered the spark.

Details are awaited.  

You might also like

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.