KalingaTV News Network
Angul: Patients and their relatives were left in a state of panic after fire broke out in the Maternity and Child Healthcare (MCH) building located on the premises of Angul District Headquarters Hospital (DHH) here on Sunday.
However, no casualty was reported in the blaze.
The incident took place early in the morning between 4.30 AM and 5 AM while the patients were asleep in the wards. Relatives of some patients first witnessed smokes coming out of the vaccination room of the building and raised an alarm. Later, women and attendants came out of the children admitted in the facility.
Fire tenders from local fire brigade office reached the spot immediately and brought the flames under control.
While the hospital authorities are yet to ascertain the exact cause of the fire they are suspecting a short circuit in the stabiliser of the vaccination room.
An assessment of the loss of property was underway at the hospital till this report was being filed.