Farmer killed after falling into electric trap laid for wild boar in Odisha
Angul: In a shocking incident, a farmer was electrocuted to death after stumbling on an electric trap laid to catch wild boar in Gopinathpur village under Nisha Industrial Area in Angul district last night.
The deceased has been identified as Naba Kishore Pradhan of Khalinal village.
Naba, who had cultivated acres of land located on the outskirts of his village had been to guard the standing crops late last night when the mishap took place. He unknowingly bounced against a live wire laid on the ground by boar poachers and had an electric shock to be killed on the spot.
The victim’s family members recovered his body this morning and called up the police to inform.
Police seized the Galvanized Iron (GI) wire used in the tramp after reaching the spot and sent the body for autopsy.
An investigation is underway to trace the poachers involved in laying the trap.