Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance conducted raid on properties of Deputy Manager of Odisha Police Housing Corporation in Bhubaneswar on Tuesday morning on the allegation of accumulation of disproportionate assets. The Deputy Manager has been identified by Pratap Kumar Samal.
The Deputy Manager completed Diploma in Civil Engineering at Barapada School of Engineering, Bhadrak in 1987. He joined in Odisha Police Housing and Welfare Corporation on August 14, 1988 as Junior Engineer at Bhubaneswar Head Office and continued as Estimator till 1994-95. He has worked at Kendrapara and Deogarh.
He worked at Rourkela, Bolangir, Keonjhar and Cuttack after his promotion to the rank of Deputy Manager in the year 2013. Thereafter , he joined at Bhubaneswar office in the year 2019 and has been continuing as such.
The Odisha Vigilance including 10 teams comprising one additional Superintendent of Police (SP), five Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSPs), seven Inspectors and other staff conducted simultaneous raids at various places in Bhubaneswar, Balasore and Bargarh.
The vigilance sleuths have initiated the raids at the following places:
- a triple storeyed building over Plot No. N/6-416, IRC Village in Bhubaneswar,
- a six storeyed building located opposite of Maa Bhagabati Temple, Biju Pattanaik College Chhaka, Jayadev Vihar in Bhubaneswar,
- a single storeyed building over plot No.3/605, Sarakantra, Khandagiri given on rent in Bhubaneswar,
- flat No-202, second floor, Narendra Villa, Jayadev Vihar in Bhubaneswar,
- a three storeyed apartment namely Ananya Towers at Balisahi, Basudevpur in Bhadrak,
- G plus 3 storeyed building named as Ananya Towers located at Balisahi over plot no 612/7821 near Union Bank in Basudevpur of Bhadrak,
- his native house at Haripur, Simulia in Balasore,
- a house of his relative at Haripur, Simulia in Balasore,
- his office located at Odisha State Police Housing And Welfare Corporation (OPHWC) in Bhubaneswar
- a five storeyed building over khata no.594, plot no.991, areas.105, Gothapatana, in Bhubaneswar in the name of his wife Sasmita Samal
- a four storeyed building over plot no N/6-235, IRC Village, Nayapalli in Bhubaneswar
During the raid, it is learnt that Samal dumped a box-full of cash to evade scanner of the agency.
Till the last report was filled, 11 bank accounts, Rs 38,12,900 cash, half kilo of gold jewellery, an expensive vehicle, 25 immovable properties worth crores in his name and his wife’s name, 5 plots along with 1 building (G+3) at Basudevpur, Bhadrak, 17 plots and 2 buildings in Bhubaneswar and Khordha have been seized. The raids are underway and further details are awaited.
Also read: Dhenkanal vigilance raid: SI in possession of DA worth Rs 2 Crores