Bangriposi: A bogie of Bangriposi-Balasore Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU) train caught fire near Bangriposi railway station in Odisha’s Mayurbhanj district on Tuesday . No injuries or casualties were reported in the incident.
According to reports, fire broke out at a bogie adjacent to the engine of the DMU train , when the train was approaching the Bangriposi railway station at around 1 PM to day.
The fire tenders swung into action immediately and doused the flame before it spread to other bogies of the train.
Though the exact reason of the fire mishap is yet to be ascertained officials suspected that the fire broke out due to a short-circuit in the engine.
Railway authorities were probing the cause of the fire, when the last reports came in.