Sambalpur: Odisha Vigilance conducted a raid on properties associated with the Deputy Manager of OMFED’s Samaleswari Milk Union in Sambalpur district on Thursday morning on the allegation of accumulation of disproportionate assets.
The Deputy Manager of OMFED’s Samaleswari Milk Union has been identified as Manoranjan Naik.
Based on a piece of reliable information, the vigilance sleuths have conducted raids at four places including his residential building located at Bank Colony, Sakhipada in Sambalpur, Flat No.4/D in the MM Lilabati Complex at Khandagiri in Bhubaneswar, Native village of Naik located at village Alaura under Delang police limits in Puri, and Office chamber of Naik located at the O/o. Samleswari Milk Union Limited (SAMUL) in Sambalpur.
Simultaneous house searches are being conducted by Odisha Vigilance led by 2 DSPs, 6 Inspectors, 3 ASIs, and other staff on the strength of Search Warrants issued by Hon’ble Special Judge, Vigilance, Sambalpur.
Further investigation regarding the vigilance raid is underway and details are awaited.
During house searches so far, the following assets worth over 1.41 Crore have been unearthed;
1) One double storeyed building at Bank Colony, Sakhipada, DistSambalpur. VIGILANCE DIRECTORATE ODISHA, CUTTACK.
2) One Flat No.4/D in the MM Lilabati Complex at Kalarahanga, Bhubaneswar, Dist-Khordha.
3) 3 plots including 2 plots in Sambalpur town and 1 plot in Puri town.
4) 2 two wheelers.
5) Bank and other deposits worth over Rs.44.51 lakh.
6) Insurance deposits worth over Rs.10.49 lakh.
7) Gold ornaments worth over Rs.7.32 lakh.
8) Household articles worth over Rs.5.6 lakh.
9) Cash and other movable and immovable properties.