Covid surge in Odisha: Face masks made mandatory in Bhubaneswar
Bhubaneswar: In view of the surge in Covid positive cases in Odisha, the Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation (BMC) on Thursday made it mandatory for the people living under its jurisdiction to wear face masks.
The BMC issued an advisory this evening saying that people living within the BMC area as well as those who are coming outside to the BMC area or present in the BMC area shall have to wear face masks mandatorily while moving out or are in public places.
Here are some key points the BMC highlighted in its latest advisory:
- All citizens to maintain social distancing of 2 meters among themselves at all times while in public places.
- All malls/shop/store owners shall ensure social distancing about 2 Mts within their premises. The responsibility of maintenance of social distancing lies with the owner of the premises.
- Citizens are advised to maintain hand hygiene frequently and observe appropriate coughing/sneezing etiquette at all times.
- Citizens are advised to refrain from spitting in public places
- The CEO/Managers/Head of the offices of Govt as well as private offices shall ensure that their employees are observing COVID appropriate behaviour mentioned above in their office premises.
- Any violations on the above-mentioned aspect will attract penal provisions of the Odisha COVID-19 Regulations and amendments made time to time.
The daily COVID positive cases in Odisha used to be below 100. However, it has surged now and crossed the 150-mark. As many as 155 fresh infections of Covid positive cases were reported from different parts of the state in the last 24 hours.