SOUTHCO contractual employee dies of electrocution in Odisha’s Koraput

Koraput: A contractual  employee of Southern Electricity Supply Company (SOUTHCO) died of electrocution while carrying out repair work on an electric pole in Odisha’s Koraput district on Tuesday.

The deceased has been identified as Naveen Jani (22) of Temari village under Laxmipur police limits in the district.

The incident reportedly took place when Naveen was trying to repair a potentially dangerous 11,000-volt electricity line in Podajali village under Dasmantpur electricity substation in the district.

Sources said, Naveen reached the top and started repairing the lines and suddenly got in contact with a live wire. He reportedly died on the spot and the body was lying over the wire.

Two other employees, who accompanied Naveen in the village, fled from the spot soon after the incident.

The locals  informed that Naveen was working without wearing any Personal Protective Equipment. The locals alerted Laxmipur police and Dasmantpur electricity substation over the incident.

A pal of gloom has descended in the locality over the sad demise of the young man.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.